This recipe for Butterscotchies serves 6 people.
Time required: 24 minutes
(10 minutes to prepare, then cook for 14 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- ⅓ cup of plain flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, soft
- ¼ tsp bicarb soda baking soda
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- ⅓ cup of puffed rice cereal
- 2 tbsp butterscotch chips, or chocolate chips
How to make Butterscotchies:
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Line biscuit tray with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, and salt into a bowl and mix.
- In another bowl, use a baking spatula or wooden spoon to cream the brown sugar and butter. Add the egg yolk. Mix well.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture. When it is well mixed, stir in the puffed cereal and butterscotch chips (or chocolate chips).
- Use a tablespoon to drop the dough by level spoonfulls 5cm apart on the biscuit trays. Make 12 mounds. Bake 12-14 minutes, or until the cookies aren\'t shiny anymore and are golden brown. Cool completely on the sheet.
(Sourced from Kitchen for Kids - Jennifer Low)
See other cookies recipes.