Buttermilk Scones Recipe
Follow this recipe and you'll get perfect light and fluffy scones every time.
This recipe for Buttermilk Scones serves 16 people.
Time required: 35 minutes
(20 minutes to prepare, then cook for 15 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 3 ½ cups of self raising flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 60 g butter, chopped
- 1 ¼ cups of buttermilk
How to make Buttermilk Scones:
- Preheat oven, place sugar and flour into bowl.
- Add butter to the flour and sugar and rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the mixture and add the buttermilk using a flat bladed knife stir until dough almost comes together. Place on lightly floured surface.
- Knead dough together then press out until dough is about 3cm thick deep.
- Using a floured scone or biscuit cutter, cut out the shaped and place in a greased and floured tin.
- Put in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until light golden.
Serve with jam and cream