Blueberry and Banana Bread Recipe
Blueberry and Banana Bread
This recipe for Blueberry and Banana Bread serves 5 people.
Time required: 1 hour and 15 minutes
(15 minutes to prepare, then cook for 60 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 125 g butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup of blueberry, fresh or frozen
How to make Blueberry and Banana Bread:
- Preheat oven to moderate 180°C. Lightly grease a 10cm x 20cm loaf pan. Line the base with baking paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon together into a large bowl. Stir in sugar.
- In a large jug, combine banana, butter, egg and vanilla extract. Fold into flour mixture with blueberries until combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean and dry. Cut into slices to serve.
3 medium mashed bananas equals 1.5 cups.
(Sourced from Woman's Day - The ABC of Kids Cooking)