Beef Red Wine and Chilli Casserole Recipe
Beef Red Wine and Chilli Casserole
This recipe for Beef Red Wine and Chilli Casserole serves 4 people.
Time required: 2 hours
(15 minutes to prepare, then cook for 105 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 2 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup of beef stock
- ¾ cup of dry red wine
- 410 g tomato puree
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 medium tomatoes, (380g), chopped coarsely
- 3 small red thai chillies, fresh
- 1 ½ kg chuck steak, diced into 3cm pieces
- 1 large brown onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 50 g butter
How to make Beef Red Wine and Chilli Casserole:
- Heat butter in large saucepan; cook beef in batches until browned.
- Cook garlic, chilli, mustard and onion in same pan, stirring, until onion softens.
- Return beef to pan with tomato; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add puree, wine, stock; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, about 1.5 hours or until beef is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in parsley just before serving.
- Serve with soft polenta.
If not wanting to serve with polenta, serve with mashed potatoes.
(Sourced from The Australian Womens Weekly Stew Braises and Casseroles)