Banana Fritters with Caramel Sauce Recipe
This recipe for Banana Fritters with Caramel Sauce serves 4 people.
Time required: 20 minutes
(10 minutes to prepare, then cook for 10 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 4 bananas, each cut into quarters
- 1 cup of self raising flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar, soft
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 100 g butter, chopped
- 1 oil, for deep-frying
- 1 cup of soda water
- 4 ice-cream, scoops for serving
- ½ cup of cream
How to make Banana Fritters with Caramel Sauce:
- To Make Caramel Sauce - Combine soft brown sugar, cream and butter in a small pan and stir until sugar has dissolved and butter has melted. Bring to the boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Batter for Banana Fritters - Sift Flour into medium bowl; make a well in the centre.
- Add egg and soda water all at once. Stir until all liquid is incorporated and batter is free of lumps.
- Heat oil in heavy-based pan. Dip bananas in batter a few pieces at a time; drain off excess batter. Gently lower bananas into moderately hot oil. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until golden, crisp and warmed through. Carefully remove from oil with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels; keep warm. Repeat with remaining bananas. Serve fritters immediately with ice-cream and caramel sauce.
Storage Time - Banana fritters are best cooked just before serving. Hint - To prevent discolouration of bananas, don\'t cut them until you are ready to use them. Variations - Serve banana fritters with chocolate, strawberry or mocha sauce or drizzle with honey. If you prefer, fritters can be served without sauce. Simply sprinkle with sifted icing sugar and serve with cream or vanilla ice-cream.
See other dessert recipes.