Apricot and Almond Stuffed Chicken Recipe
Apricot and Almond Stuffed Chicken
This recipe for Apricot and Almond Stuffed Chicken serves 4 people.
Time required: 5 hours and 20 minutes
(20 minutes to prepare, then cook for 300 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- ⅓ cup of instant couscous, 50 grams
- ⅔ cup of orange juice, 150 ml
- ¼ cup of dried apricot, 50 grams
- 4 pieces of chicken breast, skinless
- 2 tbsp orange marmalade
- 1 egg yolk
- ⅔ cup of chicken stock, 150ml - boiling
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- ¼ cup of toasted almond, 25g - chopped
- ¼ tsp tarragon, dried
How to make Apricot and Almond Stuffed Chicken:
- Soak the apricots in the orange juice in a bowl. Cut a deep pocket horizontally in each chicken breast. Put the chicken between two sheets of oiled baking paper, then beat with a rolling pin until thinner.
- Put the couscous in a bowl and spoon over 1/4 cup of the stock. Leave to stand for 2-3 minutes, or until the stock has been absorbed.
- Drain the apricots, reserving the juice, then stir them into the couscous with the almonds and tarragon. Season, the stir in enough egg yolk to bind them together. Divide the stuffing between the chicken breasts, then secure with toothpicks. Place the chicken in the cooking pot.
- Stir the marmalade into the remaining stock until dissolved, then stir in the orange juice. Season and pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 3-5 hours, or until cooked. Remove the chicken. Tip the sauce into a pan and boil until reduced by half.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce and some rice
(Sourced from Best Ever Recipes Slow Cooking by Catherine Atkinson)