Apple Puff Squares Recipe
Apple Puff Squares
This recipe for Apple Puff Squares serves 4 people.
Time required: 40 minutes
(5 minutes to prepare, then cook for 35 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- 60 g butter, melted
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, ready-rolled
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, soft
- ½ tsp ground mixed spice
- 2 medium granny smith apples
How to make Apple Puff Squares:
- Preheat Oven to moderately hot 210°C. Cut pastry into 4 squares, place on an oven tray. Combine butter, sugar and spice, brush half the mixture over pastry squares.
- Peel apples, cut into wedges, remove core. Cut apple into very thin slices, lay on top of pastry squares leaving a 1 cm border.
- Brush squares with remaining butter mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until apple is tender and lightly golden. Cut each in half for serving.
Storage Time; Cook this dish just before serving.
(Sourced from Quick Short Recipe Cookbook - Family Circle)
See other dessert recipes.