Almond Meringue Cream Filled Cookies Recipe
Almond Meringue Cream Filled Cookies
This recipe for Almond Meringue Cream Filled Cookies serves 25 people.
Time required: 40 minutes
(15 minutes to prepare, then cook for 25 minutes)
Ingredients you'll need:
- ¾ cup of ground almonds
- 1 cup of cream
- 4 Egg White
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 25 blanched almond, halves
How to make Almond Meringue Cream Filled Cookies:
- In a medium bowl, and using electric mixer, beat egg whites with sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in ground almonds and cream of tartar.
- Cover 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper. Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture, 4cm apart on baking trays, smooth the tops and place an almond half on top of bisuit.
- Bake in moderately slow oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and leave to cool on trays for 3 minutes before using a spatula to slide biscuits onto a rack to cool.
- Continue to cook biscuits as above, making 25 biscuit tops with the almond half on top, and 25 plain biscuits for the bases.
- Whip cream until thick and pipe a circle of cream on top of each base. Top with almond topped biscuits.
(Sourced from Cooking can be Simple - Select Kitchen Class)